Courthouse to the designs of the architect, William Vitruvius Morrison. It is unclear exactly when the building was finished, though the Board of Works noted in 1832 that the building was not more than half completed.
The railings around the courthouse contribute substantially to the architectural impact of the building. They stand high on a limestone base and are topped by replicas of the ancient Roman axe and fasces, the Roman symbol of justice. The railings were fully removed from the limestone for to be restored in workshop.
The final wrought iron with cast iron elements railings and column back in much better condition as they was before.
The different between restored cast iron columns.